Bull Mountain, Box Elder County high point

Bull Mountain, Box Elder County high point

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jun 29, 2008
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer

Snowville Amenities

I drove to the peak of Bull Mountain after riding 100 miles in Logan for an MS fundraiser the day before. There's actually a very small motel in Snowville, the last wide spot in the road before exiting to go to Bull Mtn. Amazingly enough the Snowville "Outsiders Inn" leaves all available room keys in a small plastic box in an envelope honor system. The requirement is that you either put cash or write your credit card # on paper and slip it into a slot in the office door ($45 for a single). Instructions state that if you do everything right and your cc# is good no one will bother you later; I found this to be true. As motels go the bed was comfortable and the water was hot, etc. so no complaints and there are no other choices for a long way.

I'd also recommend "Mollie's Home Cooking" restaurant almost next door. Mollie herself is there serving and has been doing so for > 20 years.

With a Flying J and a Chevron this is a good place to stop for gas, eats, and anything else before going on.

Directions to Bull Mtn.

The driving directions found on the main page are great and I used them. A couple of things I'd mention are that the turn from 2000 E is onto 3700 S not 3200 S. After the saddle with the 4-way intersection is where the high clearance and 4X4 will become most useful so if you wanted to hike or bike from this point it would be ~ a 7 1/2 mile trek from there.

After ~ 4 miles you reach the top of the first ridge and the picture on the main page is what you see looking down and across the meadow towards the opposite ridge that includes Bull Mtn.

At the "Dipping Vat Spring" sign prior to that I saw a trailer and tents so camping there appears to be an option, too.

Each way required ~ 90 minutes.

Comments

No comments posted yet.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Bull Mtn (UT)Trip Reports