Buttermilk Delight

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 41.26992°N / 73.38447°W
Additional Information Route Type: Toprope
Seasons Season: Spring
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.7 (YDS)
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 1
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

A fairly easy climb with plenty of good hand and footholds. The crux can be tricky if you are not positioned correctly. The top is solid and a great place to rest. From the top you can move on to other climbs.

Getting There

Once you arrive at the base of The Ledge, look to your right. There is a big bulge of rock with a split going up the left side and one split going up the center. The split going up the left side is Buttermilk Delight. The split going up the center is Short Stack. If you walk further than this bulge of rock, you find there is nothing else to climb.

Route Description

Buttermilk Delight has a big split on the left where two sections of rock meet. You have plenty of foot and handholds to work with. The crux is close to the top, but once over it, you have an easy climb to the stable top.

Essential Gear

No essential gear needed past shoes, harness and chalk. There are no anchors or bolts, so you can't sport climb or trad climb unless you set up your own anchor.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.