Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 20.5608°S / 41.91833°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jul 13, 2007
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Winter
The trail to Cristal...
Me and Marcelo (Natural) met in Manhumirim city. After 1 hour, we arrived in Alto Caparaó city. At 8:30am, we came in the Caparaó NP. 2 hour later trekking (4,5Km up), we arrived at Terreirão camp site. At night, we fixed the tent in to make the dinner
Terreirão camp site
. The menu was pastta with red sauce, bread and dry damasc.


In the next day, at 3:20am, we started the Pico da Bandeira trail (2894m). Was very cold (-5ºC) but we made it in 2:30 hours. We saw a wonderful at sunrise at 6:30am, with many others peoples sharing that moment on the summit.
One more wonderful sunrise...
Pico da Bandeira from Pico do Calcado


After a snack,one hour later, we started the Pico do Cristal trail (2798m). The only problem is there's no water on the trail to Cristal. It must have full the bottles on the Terreirão camp and climb all the way with this weight (at least 2 liter each).

It's a amazing trail, only through the crest massif. We crossed over the Morro do Marco and Pico do Calçado (2821m) until, after 4,5Km and 1:30h later, reach the Cristal summit.
A incredible mountain, with a overview to Minas Gerais and Espírito Santo States.
Cristal summit from SE side


After to share this view, we came back to Terreirão camp site, 9Km down. A good bath on a waterfall near from the camp, prepared us to the descend in the next morning.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Jul 20, 2007 6:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice Report

Sounds good. Pasta and wine and a bath in the waterfall.
And congratulations on your Copa America victory.

Augie from California.

Kellfe - Jul 21, 2007 1:07 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice Report

Uhhuuuuu!!!
Was a great game.
Against Argentina was much better!!!
Cheers.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.