Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 40.30700°N / 111.58800°E
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Aug 22, 2015
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer

Add Heading Here

Cascade Mountain is a prominent mountain that boarders the east side of Provo. Few know the name of the mountain and even fewer hike it. On the day we hiked it we crossed paths with two groups total. I had hiked Timpanogos roughly 15 times in 23 years of living in Provo before I finally got around to hiking Cascade Mountain. Some hike in the winter to ski Bunnels Fork on the east side (a dream of mine), some glissade the couloirs on the west side. The routes had always been a mystery to me especially when preparing for this hike when I read about five different trip reports and five different routes, mostly, it seemed, because people want to take short cuts straight up the couloirs. We decided to ascend the Provo trail, camp for the night along the ridge, summit the next morning then descend the Big Springs trail. 

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Cascade MountainTrip Reports