Cataract

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 49.74989°N / 125.86264°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: much low 5th with a few harder pitches
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.8 (YDS)
Additional Information Grade: IV
Sign the Climber's Log
Add Overview text here.

Route Description

5.9, 1300m FA Philip Stone & Sarah Homer, August 6-7 1988
The longest route on the mountain starts up easy gullies and ramps on the far left side of the face. The first half of the routes in mediocre at best but the top half definitely makes up for it. Scramble up mostly 3rd – 5th class mossy gullies and ramps on the lower of the 2 parallel gullies until above the deep chasm into Cataract falls (alt. 5050ft). Make and exciting 55+ m free hanging rappel down to the stream. The rappel anchor is on detached block which can be reaching by down climbing about 7m then traversing around to the climber left onto a small exposed ledge. Great water pit stop. Now for some of the best climbing on The Colonel. Climb a few steep pitches (5.7) out from the stream to the amazing Arête. Climb beautiful arête for 1700ft to the upper glacier (low 5th -5.6). Ascend easy glacier to notch between the Gendarme and SW summit. Climb the steep loose ridge crest up to. Rappelling the snow band route is not recommended.

Essential Gear

Add Essential Gear text here.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.