Chimney Mt. Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.68798°N / 74.2305°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Class I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This trail is an easy trail, Class I. It has a few steep sections that are easy and should pose no problem for anyone.

Getting There

See getting there on main page.
Make sure you pay 2 dollars for parking at the trail head.

Route Description

The first rock formation
Leaving the trail head, walk down a dirt road towards the DEC trail register. Make sure you sign IN and OUT.
Bear left and go to a sign that marks the start of the blue trail. Go in to the woods.
You will cross in to state land at 0.2 miles and then cross a stream.
At. 0.8 miles you will reach the first of the heardpaths. Theses heard paths lead to many places. The lower ones head to views of Kings Flow. The higher ones lead to the west ridge of Chimney Mt. where views of the Chimney are awesome. Some other heard paths lead to caves.
At 1.0 miles the chimney is reached. There are many other heard pathe all around. No two paths are the same and all are fun to explore.
The trail gets steepLooking up a steep section of the Chimney Mt. Trail

To the summit.

Bull Head Mtn.Bull Head Mt. from the summit
Leaving the campsite follow the obvious heard path away from the chimney.
This heard path is used just enough that it is followable the whole way but blow downs do lay on the path and underbrush is very active along it's way.
Fo the most part this trail is easy to follow and you should have no problem finding the summit and it's 360 degree views in 0.2 miles.

Essential Gear

Standard Dayhike gear is required. If you want to climb the chimney you might want to bring your rock gear and asmall rack. If bouldering is your thing, a crash pad might be a good idea.

In winter bring snowshoes. The steep sections might require some care.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.