Cirque de Lescun

Cirque de Lescun

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Panorama

Overview

The Cirque de Lescún is one of the most beautiful places of Western Pyrenees. The village of Lescun is at North of Somport, important pass between France and Spain. All these peaks has route from both countries. The easiest and most popular route is from Spain but the views of North faces of the peaks are amazing specially in winter or after a recent snowfall as the last week. The routes from Lescun are hardest, almost impossibles after a big snowfall (risk of avalanches) but the 18th April 2009 was great to take pictures.

I added some images of another years to show the rest of the peaks that don't appear in the album of 2009.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
visentin

visentin - Apr 19, 2009 3:06 am - Voted 10/10

very nice !

You could also attach as "related" few peaks that surround it.

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Apr 19, 2009 11:00 am - Hasn't voted

Re: very nice !

thanks, it's a very good idea. I went to sleep yesterday after a long journey in Lescun and I'm going to edit the page today.

Tomek Lodowy

Tomek Lodowy - Apr 19, 2009 5:56 am - Voted 10/10

thanks

So enjoyable photoalbum that really encourages me to visit the area some day!

Tomek

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Apr 19, 2009 11:07 am - Hasn't voted

Re: thanks

you welcome.
The best season to visit is Late Spring or summer. The cirque is one of my favourite places to take pictures but I'm not very lucky with the weather conditions. Some routes need to use crampons and ice axe even in summer because the snow remain a lot of time. June is probably the best month of the year because the approach don't has snow and it's remain in the coulouir of Col de Lhurs. Another great option is the climb of Petretxema from Pont de Masousa without snow on the route (but it's possible this year the presence of snow a lot of time). I will back to climb Dec de Lhurs and Billaré another time.

visentin

visentin - Apr 20, 2009 2:21 am - Voted 10/10

Re: thanks

Autumn in the area is also nice !

Viewing: 1-5 of 5


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.