Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Aug 15, 1977
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer

I climbed Gilbert years ago

My friends and I climbed Gilbert peak years ago. We were on a fishing trip and we wanted to climb up and see what was around, we left Dollar lake early in the morning. When we got to the top of the first ridge we could see the summit( did not know what it was at the time) it did not seem too far so we went for it. It was a lot longer than we thought, because the route was mostly bolders and large rocks. we made it to the top and could see down to the south, the trail to Kings peak which some of our friends had left to go up the same morning. We could see people but they were much too small to know who it was. We left for camp and had a few snowball fights on the way back, it was a great day we made it back before nightfall. I saw in the other log it took them 2 days ????? (he must have been on all fours ! ) or walking real slow. I would like to do it again someday, but I want to focus on a couple of other peaks first.

I will post my adventures.

Claude Hepworth

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Gilbert PeakTrip Reports