Climbers' Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 47.99540°N / 123.4672°W
Additional Information Route Type: Basic Snow Climb or Rock Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 2-3
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

See the Getting There section of the main page for directions to the trailhead.

Route Description

From the trailhead, ascend the switchback trail about .8 miles to a junction with the Mount Angeles-Hurricane Ridge Trail. Turn left and go through meadows and scree to the Mount Angeles saddle. There is a sign here for the Mount Angeles Trail. Take a sharp right turn here and head up north staying on the left (west) side of the summit ridge. Go through a rocky meadow avoiding the tempting notch. Apparently there is a technical rock route up there but that's not this route.

The trail heads through trees around the west side of the large rock on your right to a gully just northeast of the summit. Climb this gully up and then right to the summit.

Essential Gear

Axe and maybe crampons in winter depending on conditions. Wands might be a good idea too.

Nothing needed in summer.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.