Climbing at Donner Summit

Climbing at Donner Summit

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Rock Climbing

School House Rock and Green Phantom Wall

This album contains pictures of climbing in the Donner Summit Area.

We (Bill, Jen and myself) spent the past weekend (9/06) introducing our friend Herbie to climbing outdoors. As Herbie was tennative, the Practice Slabs at School House Rock seemed like a good introduction. The approach is very, very short and it is easy to set up top ropes, so we spent Saturday climbing there. The routes on the practice slabs are easy 5.2 to 5.4, I'd guess.

On Sunday we climbed at the Green Phantom Wall, another area with a very short approach. The texture of the granite on this wall is interesting, mottled with some lighter streaks running through it. There is a lot of greenish lichen on the walls, so perhaps that led to the name of the wall.

edited 6/18/08:

I orginally invisioned this idea as being 'private attach,' documenting Herbie's first foray into climbing outdoors, but somehow sp user matlogg was able to add some photos. I like them, so decided to make this a public album. Please feel free to add any pictures you of climbing in the Donner Summit area,







Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
McCannster

McCannster - Sep 27, 2006 2:46 am - Voted 10/10

Cool

I'll have to check these crags out next time I'm up there.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.