Col de Riufret

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.67310°N / 1.40582°E
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: One to two days
Additional Information Difficulty: F
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.0 (YDS)
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The col de Riufret is the normal access to Montcalm. You can reach the col from Pinet or from Vallferrera.

Getting There

See the main page to approach to trailheads.

Route Description

Ramp South-West
Montcalm

Approach to channel Cometa d'Estats:
-from Pinet
-from Vallferrera

In the approach to normal route to Pica d’Estats, from Port de Sotllo o from the col of entry from route of Pinet, we reach a channel with a path in the stones at North of Pica over the small lakes of Cometa d'Estats. The people go to SW (right) to climb the Pica but you follow to a small col in front (East) with a little path in the scree walking to reach the Col de Riufret, at North of Pica d’Estats. We turn to left (N) walking in the hard ramp but without difficulties to reach the shoulder of the peak walking now the very wide back of the peak to the summit in right side (E).

If you've climbed Pica d’Estats in first time the best option in search the path in right side, near of the edge walking to reach Col de Riufret, using the route of above to descent to trailhead.

Essential Gear

In winter and early in the season (may, june) it's necessary the use of crampons and ice-axe to reach Port of Sotllo o the Cometa d'Estats. As well the snow remain in the north face under Verdaguer.
In july and august only remain a few of snow in the north faces but generally you can evitate it.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

MontcalmRoutes