Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Aug 12, 2009
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Summer

Forcast: RAIN!

Corteo in the RainMarmot entertains us on the way...
We left the cars in the rain, hoping the weather man's prediction of sun would prove true. We did see some sun, but the rain was off and on all day. Coat on/off, a little wet, slowly dry off. Animals and flowers dealt with it ok, we would endure, we've seen worse and we would eventually summit! The worst rain came just after we got off the short summit block and into the gap at approx 8,000 feet. With some anxiety, we carefully made our way down. The rain stopped and the trip off the mountain was really uneventfull, which was good. This is a good mountain to lobby for helmets with lots of loose gravel and rock. We were glad there was no one above or below us. We took a 100 foot rope, three cams and slings. We are safety/chicken climbers that like insurance. We did use the gear on top, but we could see why many wouldn't need it. Get this: we passed no one coming or going on the trail! We saw one tent near Maple Pass toward Black Peak. Usually the trail to Lake Ann and Maple Pass is busy. I think the route description on this Corteo page is good with help from a copied page out of the Beckey book. This was a great mountain and another good day with Nick!!!

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Corteo PeakTrip Reports