Culebra Peak 3/6/10

Culebra Peak 3/6/10

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking, Skiing, Scenery, Panorama

You just can't put a price on self punishment

These photos are from a winter ascent of Culebra Peak. 16 people showed up at the trailhead at 6am with snowshoes, snowmobiles, skis, and a snow-cat! Carlos opened the gate and took $200 from each with a smile. We followed a well-packed trench to Four-Way, where we donned snowshoes for the arduous trek to the first heartbreaking false summit. We continued under blue skies and sunshine over the next 12 false summits (Ok, so there were maybe 2 major false summits and several more minor ones). When I finally reached the peak 8.75 miles from our trailhead I was really pushing the envelope of my capacity for cardio punishment. After some time on the summit we returned to the bunkhouse for snacks and drinks and reached the trailhead shortly after 6pm. The 17.5-mile round-trip was the longest car-to-car summit assault in my short peakbagging career and well-worth every penny of the price tag.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
mtnman455

mtnman455 - Mar 27, 2010 4:15 pm - Hasn't voted

$200

So, is access now $200 pp in 2010, or was that just for winter access? Will it still be $100 come summer?

metal4lyf

metal4lyf - Mar 27, 2010 6:14 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: $200

As far as I know they only charge $200 in winter.

Cheers

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.