Cuyamaca/Middle/Stonewall Peak

Cuyamaca/Middle/Stonewall Peak

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 32.94680°N / 116.6068°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jun 12, 2005
Beginning about noon with sunny skies and mid 70s, I hiked up Cuyamaca Peak (6512') via the Lookout Fire Road from the Paso Picacho Campground parking lot (4870'). Then I hiked over to Middle Peak (5883') via Azalea Spring Fire Road and Black Oak Trail (known as the Middle Peak Loop Trail on the topozone map). The trail only takes you to within 100 feet of the summit so you have to go up through the trees to get to the top. Back to Azalea Spring Fire Road via the Black Oak Trail (east side this time). Azalea Glen Road and Trail back to Paso Picacho. Then from Paso Picacho I hiked the up Stonewall Peak (5730') and back. The whole area is greening up nicely but the burned out trees are a bit eerie. Buy the $1 map from the ranger if you don't already have one. Approx: 6 hours, 16 miles, 3300 total elev. change. P.S. Earlier that morning I had hiked 3 or 4 miles roundtrip in Borrego Palm Canyon near Borrego Spings. I felt an earthquake and wrote about that here: http://divisionoflabour.com/archives/001341.php .

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Cuyamaca PeakTrip Reports