Djamdjiev Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 41.75830°N / 23.39300°E
Additional Information Route Type: scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up with some II- grade rocks
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Follow the trail from Vihren hut to Kazanite (the one that splits to the right several hundred metres above the hut). You can hardly miss the the ridge, the trail just crosses it.

Route Description


The beginning of the ridge is the hardest part - it's a scramble on some rocks of grade II. Beware of loose rocks. Both sides of the ridge are pretty steep so you should be careful. Gradually the ridge flattens out and becomes easier.

This ridge is suitable for winter ascents and descents, as it's completely avalanche-free. It's also the shortest way to the summit of mount Vihren - you can use it as a shortcut from Banderica hut.

Some trivia - it was named after a man who died there in the 30s. He was hit by a falling rock, pushed by his girlfriend who was picking Edelweiss flowers on the ridge. (Mind the moral.)

Essential Gear


You may use a rope if you don't feel comfortable soloing.

During the winter you'll need the usual stuff - an ice axe, crampons, a rope and a good partner.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

VihrenRoutes