Dullwitz

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 47.62470°N / 15.16110°E
Additional Information Route Type: ski or walk
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: 30°
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Getting to Seewiesen: Driving from Vienna on the S4 highway through Mürzzuschlag, exit at Mitterdorf - Veitsch - Turnau. From Graz, exit at Kapfenberg - Aflenz - direction Mariazell. Both roads join before Seewiesen, which is your destination. Park at a small chapel left of the road.

Route Description


Head to the West through Seetal, first 3.5 km with only 100m height gain. A short ascent leads to Untere Dullwitz, another one to the Voisthaler Gasse. At the Voisthaler hut there are two possibilities: 1. Turn to the North-West, short slopes lead to the Schiestlhaus. 2. When there is no track and not knowing the right way, it is better to stay in the West direction some 1km more, crossing Obere Dullwitz and turning to the North at 1750m. From Schiestlhaus two parallel slopes lead to the summit, which is reached after approximately 5 hours.

Essential Gear


Normal ski mountaineering equipment and a good map. The path is marked and in the spring usually there is a good track.

Downhill


The downhill follows the ascent, short steeper variations are possible. Being easy, the downhill is not that spectacular for a good ski alpinist, it is the landscape which attracts here.

Best time


March with ski, or February, when the avalanche situation is very stable. An ascent without ski is possible at any time without much snow. A mountain bike can be useful for the flat lower part.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.