Early AM on Upper Trail

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Oct 24, 2009
Seasons Season: Fall
Fuji Mountain

I drove to the upper Eagle Creek TH the night before my hike and it was raining all the way up the mountain. I found the TH thanks to the good directions provided by cascadetraveler. It stopped raining about the same time as I crawled into the back of my mobile Holiday Inn and I was quickly asleep. In the morning, it was cold and frosty but thankfully there was no new snow. I saddled up and headed up the nice trail going up Fuji Mountain.
Fuji Mountain
Fuji Mountain

This is a great trail in a beautiful area. Soon I was hiking through nice old growth and enjoying the scenery. I was all alone on the mountain entering the Waldo Lake Wilderness. My main purpose for hiking Fuji Mountain was because it is the highpoint of Waldo Lake Wilderness and also ranks #174 on the Oregon Prominence List with 1,484 ft of prominence.

There wasn’t much to see outside of the beautiful old growth forest until I reached the ridgeline near the summit at about 7,040 ft. There was lots to see from the ridgeline and the summit. There are great views northeast to the Sisters and south to Diamond Peak and beyond. I didn’t stay long on the summit because it was cold and I wanted to do another hike today. The hike back to the TH was uneventful. The total hike only took about 1.5 hours, climbed about 1,000 ft and covered 3.25 miles.
Fuji Mountain
Fuji Mountain
Fuji Mountain


Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Fuji MountainTrip Reports