East Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.30570°N / 118.6945°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 3
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Begin from the Horton Lakes Trailhead described on the main page.

From the gate, begin hiking along the old mining road as it switchbacks up into Horton Creek Canyon. Eventually the trail reaches some meadows, and then passes by some old mining equipment before reaching Horton Lake. By this point the mining road has become a trail and beyond this the trail becomes more feint and cross-country travel begins.

Route Description


Continue up the canyon on the north side of the river until the Upper Horton Lakes are reached. Ascend the southern side of the east ridge from Horton Lakes. Once you are within about 100' from the end of the cirque you will see a chute on the extreme right-hand side of the east face. Ascend this moderately loose chute until it dead-ends into a wall. From here traverse left and drop into another chute. Take this chute all the way to the top, where you will end up on the summit plateau, just a short ways north from the summit.

Stats


Distance: TBA
Elevation Gain: TBA
Slope: TBA

Essential Gear


10 Essentials, helmet.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.