Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Sep 3, 2006
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Fall

Fun!

Left Beaver res. at 6 AM. Headed up toward Coney Lakes after hitting the wilderness area (mistake), then bushwacked W. through a bunch of willows to the ridge. (Note to self, stay on Buchannan pass trail until open field with direct access to East Ridge)

This is a great climb. Part of what makes it so great is that there are no trails or cairns marking the route. With the fore-shortening of the E. Face one is not really certain about the difficulty until almost on top of it.

The actual climbing never exceeds 3rd class. The boulders are pretty stable even though most are not large. I expected much more movement. Would recommend helmets though if climbing with a large group.

From the summit headed down the Buchannan pass trail and back to the car at 1:50 PM. Total time 7 hrs 50 min. Not a cloud in the sky the entire day.

By far the funnest climb I've done this summer.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
ppergande

ppergande - Feb 26, 2007 10:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Right On

I've been wanting to go explore this area. My wife and I were just married near by, at a chapel with an awesome view of Sawtooth Mt. Thanks for the bata. Hopefully I'll get up there this summer.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Sawtooth MountainTrip Reports