East Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 39.82750°N / 105.719°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scrambling, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Additional Information Difficulty: Moderate
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Eva Snowfields

While it's true that you'd probably want to bag Eva along with others in the summer, if you're looking for a good ski descent in winter, Eva's two snowfields can be a destination in and of themselves.

Getting There

Park at the base of Rainbow road in the town of Alice.

Route Description

Follow Rainbow Road up the basin and take a left at the major fork towards Chinn reservoir (rather than Fall River).
Rainbow Road


Keep heading up the valley past Mount Witter and then swing up the first snowfield (moving north) towards the saddle.

Follow the rocky ridge to the summit; this entails a class three scramble among the rocks, but the snow fields that await are worth the effort.
Mount Eva


The skiing off Eva's upper snowfield is most likely blown in powder, and is a consistent slope with plenty of turns to be made on skis.

Essential Gear

You could hike up and down, but this route is much moreso for the skiers and boarders.

External Links

Backcounty Club Trip Report


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Mount EvaRoutes