East Side

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.53750°N / 119.3739°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 2
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Starting from the Norris Creek trail head follow the trail up to Lady Lake. From Lady Lake, the eastern face of Madera Peak will be directly to the west. The trails to this point are well marked and it should take no more then a couple hours to get here from the trail head.

Route Description


From Lady Lake, hike west to the bottom of the face. After scrambling up about 100 feet of rock, turn left and head south. Continue scrambling up the easiest line until meeting the ridge. From the ridge a use trail will take you around the rim shaped ridge and to the top of Madera Peak.

Essential Gear


If snow is present, crampons and ice axe will be required to obtain the summit ridge. If dry, a pair of comfortable hiking shoes should suffice.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Matthew Holliman

Matthew Holliman - Oct 29, 2005 1:52 am - Hasn't voted

Route Comment

You can also climb the east face directly to the summit--it's no more than class 2 with at most a spot or two of easy 3rd.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.