East Slope

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 38.89000°N / 120.15°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 2
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

See the main page for a list of trailheads. This route begins at Heather Lake. It is a 1700 foot climb from here.
Above Heather LakeHeather Lake

Route Description

From Heather Lake follow the creek that enters the lake on the west side. This creek leads up between the south and east ridges. The terrain begins as a boulder field that is fairly stable. Past that you encounter loose rock which must be carefully negociated.

From the top of the creek head due north to intersect the east ridge. This portion of the climb is also loose rock, but is not as steep as below. From the east ridge it is an easy hike to the south ridge which will lead directly to the summit.


Essential Gear

This route holds snow late into the year. Crampons and ice axe will be necassary in winter and early spring. For the summer monthes a pair of hiking boots and a wind breaker will do.




Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.