El Travieso-La Ceja

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.29219°N / 5.7408°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.0 (YDS)
Additional Information Difficulty: P.D.inf.
Additional Information Grade: II
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Torreon

The route from El Travieso across Canchal de la Ceja it's the most frequented, but as well it's possible from the Lagunas del Trampal.

Getting There

See the main page to approach to Bejar and El Travieso.

Route Description

Torreon
Paso del DiabloPaso del Diablo

After the climb of Calvitero (2401m) and Canchal de la Ceja (2425m) in 2h30min, it’s a good option to climb the Torreón (2401m) in 1h more. You must to read the normal route from el Travieso to Canchal de la Ceja to reach this point.

We’ll descent across the wide South face of Canchal de la Ceja following some cairns of stones to reach the col with the area of Torreón. The presummit of Torreón is called Alto de Talamancas (2398m) and it’s the first target. After a long ramp from the col we’ll reach this presummit without difficulties (with snow is frequent the present of ice, it’s North face). We’ll search in left side of the rocky ridge the point of descent called Paso del Diablo (Devil’s Pass), a chimney of rock climb (II, P.D.inf.) of 10 meters equipped with a chain. The last 50 meters are a short walk-up to reach finally the summit.
The descent is generally across the same route in winter conditions but without snow it’s possible the return across the Col of Dos Hermanitos (shortest but without path).

Essential Gear

Crampons and ice axe after the first snowfalls (generally november or december) to end of winter (february).

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.