Ferrata Zermula

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.56670°N / 13.14580°E
Additional Information Route Type: Ferrata
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: EE
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


We can reach Passo del Cason di Lanza (1552m) through Val Pontebbana by aproximatly 18 kilometer narrow and on some places steep road. When arriving on Passo del Cason try to find sign for path 442 – ferrata Zermula. Looking from parking place into direction ofcrest Zermula you will catch the sign of the path – Ferrata Zermula. Through pine and fir wood the path first goes uphill and then easly along of crest in west direction. We need aproximatly 30 minutes to reach the foothill of the crest Zermula which lies at the height of forest border..We continue walking along and round crest until we arrive the gravely gable. Now we see the cross at the top of Mount Zermula. There in direction of the top and at the end of gravel is entry of ferrata. From Passo del Cason di Lanza to the entry of ferrata we need 60 minutes.

Route Description


By Vid Pogachnik: Ferrata first ascends almost vertically on the western side of a ravine. We overcome some 80m. Then the terrain flattens for a moment and the route crosses towards left. Here we are above the mentioned ravine and the ferrata goes up over the most interesting part. Again some 80m over very steep rocks, on which clear signs of running water can be seen. Above this section the ferrata gets less difficult, but steel ropes accompany us just up to the main ridge. The route goes towards left and up, has some more steep parts and finally exits on the main ridge. Deep below us, on the other side of the main ridge, Paularo can be seen.

From this point on, we go westwards by the ridge or on the southern side just below the ridge, until we reach the highest point.

Essential Gear


Via Ferrata equipment. A helmet , eventually a climbing belt for the ferrata .

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.