Fire Tower Access Road

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.26180°N / 90.5244°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-Up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

The trailhead for this route up Mudlick Mountain is a gravel road intersection on the left side of Hwy 143 about a half mile prior to the Shut-Ins trail trailhead. Parking can be found at the campground or at the Visitors Center nearby.

Route Description

This route provides the option for a loop hike by connecting with the Shut-Ins trail route also detailed here on Summitpost. Check with Park Headquarters to make sure the road is open to hikers prior to setting out.

The route is fairly straight forward. Follow the gravel road up the east slopes of Mudlick Mountain. At an intersection take the road to the right. You will eventually arrive at the fire tower on the summit. This gravel road route is visible on the topozone map linked from the main Mudlick Mountain page.

Essential Gear

Generally hiking gear is appropriate. This route would make a great mountain bike workout - you may want to check with Park Headquarters prior to driving to the Park to make sure they don't have an issue with bikes.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.