Forbidden peak,west ridge classic

Forbidden peak,west ridge classic

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 48.51170°N / 121.0567°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jul 19, 2003
Trip Title: Forbidden peak Author lee coutermarsh Date July 19, 2003 Days 1 Rating Superbe Difficulty Moderate GuideBook nelson #1 Weather glorious TrailConditions Okay Owned By climbing RowId 184 Mountain Elevation Summitted Report Climbed this awesome rte on Saturday with Alpinetom. Drove up Friday night arriving at the trailhead by midnight to get an early start by 6ish which we figured to be plenty of time. Real good beta here, DON'T bivvy here as climbing party's are getting up by 2 a.m. and on. We finally gave up on getting any sleep and by 5:45 were on our way with about 2-3 hrs sleep for us This was the first time for me to be in Boston basin and amazed at the many different zones you go through on this trip. A green zone at the bottom,timber zone, then opens up to the basin and amazing green meadows with wildflowers everywhere, then onto the glacier zone, a short steep snow couloir and onto the granite zone to the summit. A very fun climb, we soloed the entire rte up and down except the 2 pitch's in the middle that we put a couple pieces in going up, and rapped these 2 pitches coming down. I think 2 light 30M ropes would be perfect for this rte. Downclimbing the couloir was the best option and great for frontpointing. We noticed going down that the couloir during the day had actually split into 2 parts now and will be quite interesting in a week or so. Got sidetracked in the avvie debris and was so frustrating and good to see our park fee's that we pay at good work here! This rte rocks and of course now scoped out a bunch more climbs in the area to do.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Forbidden PeakTrip Reports