Forca (Fortit)

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 42.50232°N / 19.79562°E
Additional Information Elevation: 7677 ft / 2340 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

ForcaImpressive wall of Forca (Fortit, 2340 m)
Entering into amazing Grbaja Valley and staying below the massif of Karanfili (2460 m, 2490 m, 2441 m) peaks, your attention will attrack also one more impressive peak of PROKLETIJE range. That peak is Forca (Fortit, 2340 m). Its NW impressive high wall dominate above the deepness of amazing beauty of Grbaja and Ropojana valleys. Forca (Fortit) is the closest neighbour of Karanfili (Juzni Karanfil 2441 m). Looking from Grbaja Valley, Forca is placed on the left side of the valley, behind the massif of Karanfili peaks. From Karanfili (Juzni Karanfil-South Karanfil 2441 m) Forca is separate by impressive and beautiful Ropojanska Vrata (Ropojan's Door) rocky pass. Across that pass you can descend in Grbaja Valley on one side and in Ropojana Valley on the other side. Long time ago that peak was totally undiscovered and climbing ot its summit was challenge just for alpinists. Recently, the group of Slovenian climbers reached the summit of Forca and put in the cliffs protecting wedges. The route starting from Grbaja Valley and you should reach first the Ropojanska Vrata pass. After that starting climbing of Forca peak. Forca is also reachable from Ropojana Valley, but this route is little beat more exposed (alpinistic) than first one from Grbaja Valley.

Summit View

ForcaForca (Fortit, 2340 m) from Volusnica summit
Forca (Fortit, 2340 m) summit is a perfect viewpoint on the peaks of Montenegrin and Albanian parts of Prokletije massif. NE: Juzni Karanfil (South Karanfil, 2441 m) E: Mt Hajla (2403 m) and peak Djeravica (2656 m) in Serbian part of Prokletije. NW: Trojan (2190 m) and Mt Komovi (2487 m), on W are Volusnica (1879 m), Vojushit (2210 m), Popadija (2057 m) and Mt Kucka Krajina (2184 m) SE: Rosni Vrh (Maja Rosit, 2524 m) SW: Maja Lagojvet (2466 m), Maja Shkurt (2499 m) and Maja Vukoces (Vukocki Vrh, 2450 m) S: Scokiste (2396 m), Maja Jezerce (Jezerski Vrh, 2694 m) W: Also, from Karanfili summit you can enjoy in incredible and breathtaking view to deep Grbaja Valley E: Ropojana Valley

Getting There

View to Ropojanska Vrata passView to Karanfili, Ropojanska Vrata pass and Forca
ForcaForca (2340 m)
Juzni Karanfil & ForcaJuzni Karanfil & Forca
Gateway to Prokletije and Forca (Fortit) peak are Plav town, Gusinje town and Grbaja Valley. Information how to get there: By Plane ~To Beograd (Belgrade, Serbian capital) airport. Than with plane to Podgorica, capital of Montenegro, or with bus or car to Plav town. ~To Podgorica airport. Than with bus or car to Plav town and after to Gusinje town. Information about flights find on the sites of JAT Airways, a former Yugoslav airlines, or on Montenegro Airlines. By Bus ~Beograd (Belgrade)-Plav ~Podgorica-Plav By train ~Beograd (Belgrade)-Bijelo Polje. Than with bus or with car (rent a car) to Plav and Gusinje. By car ~Beograd (Belgrade)-Kraljevo-Novi Pazar-Plav-Gusinje. ~Podgorica-Kolasin-Andrijevica-Plav-Gusinje Gusinje town and Plav town (in Montenegro) are the main destinations you would head first. In Gusinje you can buy everything (food, shampoo, soap, clothes,... and many other things), all what you need for few days of trekking and climbing in heart of Prokletije massif. From Gusinje town you can go deeper in Prokletije massif through two valleys - Grbaja & Ropojana. Distance Gusinje - Grbaja valley: 7,5 km, (2 h of walking with big rucksack (backpack).

Camping

Grbaja HutGrbaja Hut
Optimal place for stay and camping in the Montenegrin part of Prokletije range are "Branko Kotlajic" Hut and "Karanfili" Hut, both placed in Grbaja Valley. The owner of "Branko Kotlajic" Hut is "Radnicki" Mountain Club from Belgrade/Serbia). Exist possibility for getting a key of that hut and stay there. Information: e-mail: info@pd-radnicki.rs, www.pd-radnicki.rs . The owner of "Karanfili" Hut is "Karanfili" Mountain Club from Gusinje town.

Weather Conditions

The best local weather forecast (4 times daily) for Prokletije (Plav town) on VREME YUBC NET

Red Tape

You're in Montenegro-Albania border area, so you should get a police permission for moving in that area, where also Forca (Fortit) peak is placed. The permission you can get in the police office in Gusinje town and also in Plav town. After that you can freely move on the whole area of PROKLETIJE range.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

ProkletijeMountains & Rocks