Forest Trail 10

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 33.99100°N / 107.187°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Sign the Climber's Log

Route Description

From the campground at 6,800', start hiking on Forest Road 406. This road starts at the entrance to the campground. After about one mile, the road turns into Forest Trail 10, also known as the Copper Trail. Follow this trail as it climbs up the mountain through the trees. As you climb up, some views will begin to appear. Continue climbing up the good trail all the way to the range crest, where you will reach a signed trail junction. This is the junction with Forest Trail 8, the North Baldy Trail.

Follow Forest Trail 8 as it gently climbs up a broad grassy slope towards Forest Road 325. The summit is about 240' above you at this point. At an appropriate place, turn left off the trail and start climbing straight up the grassy slope. Make the final push to the summit, where you can enjoy the views. There's some abandoned equipment on top.



Hiking Distance: About 12 miles round trip.
Elevation Gain: About 4,000'.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.