From Hincova Valley

From Hincova Valley

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 49.12300°N / 20.03200°E
Additional Information Route Type: easy rock climbing
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: UIAA I
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Chata Popradské Pleso (how to get to this chalet see the main page of Cubryna).

Route Description



Time:
Chata Popradské Pleso – Vel’ké Hincovo Pleso 1h 30 min, walk-up
Vel’ké Hincovo Pleso – Hincowo Pass 1 h, UIAA 0+
Hincovo Pass – Cubrina 15 min, UIAA I

From Chata Popradské Pleso take the blue-marked trail leading on Vyšne Koprové Sedlo (Koprowa Przełęcz) and follow it unto Vel’ké Hincovo Pleso (Wielki Hiñczowy Staw).

Go round the lake and from the north shore walk up through scree in Cubryna’ walls direction. On the right a steep and narrow chute runs down from Hincovo Pass. Follow this chute, first by the right side and upper by scree-grassy slope on the Hincovo Pass.

On the pass turn left (north-east) and follow a distinct path by the right side of the Cubrina’ south-east ridge. When you pass the first crag of the ridge cross it and climb down to a shallow chute and traverse it on the next rib. From this place come back on the main ridge and follow it by a few crags (in a big exposure) to the summit.


Essential Gear



in summer: normal hiking gear
in winter: crampons, ice axe, for not good climbers rope, a few ice screws and loops


Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.