From Sedielko

From Sedielko

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 49.11400°N / 20.11000°E
Additional Information Route Type: easy rock climbing
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: UIAA I
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Terycho Chata (how to get to Terycho Chata see the main page of Široká Veža) take a green-marked trail leading to Javorina and follow it on the pass through Dolinka pod Sedielkom (about 1 h 15 min). Final part of this trail goes through very unpleasant moving and steep scree.

Route Description


On the pass turn left (south) and follow a gently ascending ridge, bypassing crags on this or that side of an edge, on the biggest crag in our ridge (Harnaska Turnia, ok. 2410m of alt.). Next climb down in the same direction on a scree pass which after the ridge becomes distinctly steep. From the pass climb up by a slop on the right side of the ridge through grassy-rocky ledges on a next rocky pass in the main ridge (precisely by the ridge is much difficult – UIAA II). Next follow the ridge on a crag which connects three ridges of Široká Veža and from here turn right and climb a narrow edge of the ridge (here almost horizontal) on the top (1 h 30 min).

Essential Gear


Normal hiking gear

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.