From Tamar via Grlo

From Tamar via Grlo

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.44608°N / 13.72694°E
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Look from Sleme to Jalovec

Tamar is a nice valley on north side of Julian Alps. Some path to highest summits (Jalovec, Mangrt) also start here.

Getting There

Planica ski jump

From Ratece to Planica is road allways opened. When You come after 8:00 in the mornig, You will left car in neighbourhood of ski jump. So our tour start there.

Route Description - from Tamar to Grlo

Grlo path

First we have to walk through th Tamar valley (about 45 minuts on the road to Tamar hut).
Path to summit start a few hundred meters from Tamar hut, lower in the Tamar valley.
This part of route isn't steep, but very unpleasant. The reason is in large rocks on the way, there are mixed with rubbish (special in the bottom). So this make this path difficult special for children. When we climb in direction Grlo, the best way isn't on marked route, but izt better that we find our own path through rocks. On way down is better to follow a path, is more on rubbish, what i s to go dowb not so difficult.
But when we get to the end of Grlo, we have the difficulties behind.
Time required: 1h.

Route Description - from Grlo to Sleme

Pisnica valley

The other half part of way is much more pleasant. It's go slow up through the forrest, to the north we see a valley of Mala Pisnica (now is path to Mala Pisnica closed, because of damage in winter time), to the east and south on the end we see also Mojstrovka and Prisank. The best part of way is on the Sleme, wher we see allmost a half of Julian Alps, the most popular is look to Jalovec.

Essential Gear

Grlo

Good shoes, sticks.

Map

Map of path


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.