From the Val di Fumo and Lobbia glacier

From the Val di Fumo and Lobbia glacier

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.15540°N / 10.49660°E
Additional Information Route Type: Glacier climb
Additional Information Time Required: A few days
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up, glacier climb. I UIAA to reach the top.
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The route cross the Rifugio Caduti dell’Adamello (seldom climbed). See GREEN COLOUR on the overview map.

From Bissina lake follow the valley till the Rifugio Val di Fumo. From this hut going up to the Lobbia glacier and cross the Lobbia pass arriving to the Rifugio Lobbia ai Caduti dell’Adamello.

Route Description


From the hut go down on the Adamello glacier and follow this crossing the Pian di Neve making a big curve in direction South-West, West till the pyramid of the higest peak of the glacier. It is possible to climb this pyramid from the East or South-West ridge. In any case no difficult.

Essential Gear


Crampons, ropes, ice axe.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

AdamelloRoutes