Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 40.63514°N / 112.19384°W
Additional Information County: Salt Lake
Activities Activities: Hiking
Additional Information Elevation: 8525 ft / 2598 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Gardner peak is the tallest sub peak located in between Farnsworth and Kessler Peak in the Oquirrh Range. Named for Mormon pioneer, Archibald Gardner, who colonized West Jordan, building a water mill that still stands today at the historic Gardner Village. The peak overlooks Coon Canyon to the East and Pole Canyon to the West. It is covered in dense vegetation and is rarely visited due to the difficulty in access.

Getting There

The only legal access is from the Tooele Valley, west of the peak. Drive to Bates Canyon Road and head East until you come to the gate just past the railroad tracks. Take the dirt road veering to the north and follow the rough road to the trailhead at the mouth of Pole Canyon.

Route

Follow the trail in Pole Canyon to the ridge, then stay on the Ridgeline heading south until you reach the peak.

Red Tape

The land east of the peak in Salt Lake County is private property owner by Rio Tinto/Kennecott. The west side of the mountain is public land.

When to Climb

Best in summer, can be accessed in winter using snowshoes or skis.

Camping

No camping or fires allowed.

External Links

 



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Oquirrh RangeMountains & Rocks