Glacier d'Ossoue

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.76873°N / 0.14904°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: F
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Cerbillona (3247m)

The normal route goes across the Glacier d'Ossoue, the same approach to all the peaks over the glacier. The final slope is very easy without snow, a simple walk-up.

Getting There

See the main page to approach to both trailheads, Barrage d'Ossoue and Pont d'Espagne-Oulettes de Gauve.

Route Description

After 3h of walk from Barrage d'ossoue or 1h from refuge de bayssellance we'll arrive to glacier across the normal route of great part of the peaks of Vignemale massif.

We'll go in direction to the left of glacier to border the crevassess of right side, following the normal approach to the Grand Vignemale (3298m). The glacier is long but whitout problems we'll arrive to the bottom of Grand Vignemale. In this point we'll leave this route turning to left side (west) in direction to the evident col, walking under the caves of Russell. In the wide col we'll turn to left (south) to walk the easy path among the stones to the summit.

Essential Gear

Crampons and ice-axe all the year (it's a glacier).

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.