Glacier d'Ossoue

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.76789°N / 0.1456°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.0 (YDS)
Additional Information Difficulty: F
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The normal route goes across the Glacier d'Ossoue, the same approach to all the peaks over the glacier. The final ridge is easy without snow (F). Generally this peak is climbed both with Cerbillona across the col of Lady Lister.

Getting There

See the main page to approach to both trailheads, Barrage d'Ossoue and Pont d'Espagne-Oulettes de Gauve.

Route Description

After 3h of walk from Barrage d'ossoue or 1h from refuge de Bayssellance we'll arrive to glacier across the normal route of great part of the peaks of Vignemale massif.

We'll go in direction to the left of glacier to border the crevassess of right side, following the normal approach to the Grand Vignemale (3298m). The glacier is long but whitout problems we'll arrive near to the bottom of Grand Vignemale. We'll leave the route of this peak and we'll can make the two most frequented routes to climb the Pic Central:

a) the direct: turning to left side in direction to col of Lady Lister, the col between Central and Cerbillona. The exit og glacier is a very easy rock-climb (F) or if remain snow it's a ramp of 30º. On the col (3200m) we'll turn to left (East) to walk among the stones to the summit.

b) across Cerbillona: we'll climb Cerbillona (3247m) across its normal route. From the summit we'll descent across the East ridge on left side of the edge across some repises of rock and among the stones we'll reach the col of Lady Lister (3200m) and the access to summit. Generally because the ridge to Montferrat is hardest (P.D.inf) the people use the route a) to descent to the glacier and to return to trailhead. If you have some of experience in rock-climb of grade II it's possible the continuation to Montferrat.

Essential Gear

Crampons and ice-axe all the year (it's a glacier).

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.