Goetzenfels Ridge Route

Goetzenfels Ridge Route

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 49.82000°N / 7.83000°E
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Oct 4, 2005
A very enjoyable short walk from Norheim railway station over the Goetzenfels Ridge and Rotenfels to Bad Munster am Stein. Less than 2 hours with a couple of photo stops which was about the amount of time I had spare that day. Gangolf's directions are spot on: but do make sure you stay on the track that leaves the main road for the full kilometre he mentions before looking for the sharp right turn. There are other turn offs before then. Higher up continue exactly with Gangolf's directions: these are helped on the route with "BergPfad" signs. Only one steep section, but no need to scramble and the few exposed sections all had a light wooden barrier alongside the path. The route down from Rotenfels to Bad Munster am Stein is a lightly graded well marked zig zag. The only problem I had was the weather. Dull, damp and misty! Not what I wanted. I'll repeat the walk on a clear sunny day so I can enjoy all the views, and when it looks like the above photo taken by Gangolf. To me it looks like a wonderful climbing area for you mountaineers and rock climbers, but I'm told the rock is not too good to climb!

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Rotenfels / NaheTrip Reports