Gower Action Shots

Gower Action Shots

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Rock Climbing, Bouldering, Hiking, Wildlife, Flora, Informational, Scenery, Panorama, Water

Gower

Gower is one of South Wales' finest areas of open countryside, and is nationally recognised as such by its designation as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Its main attraction is its stunning coastline, which consists of a mixture of elegant limestone cliffs and glorious sandy beaches.

The coastline is popular with hikers and climbers alike. For the hiker it's possible to walk the entire length of the coast without having to be diverted inland, while the climber will find plenty occupy their time on the cliffs and crags that separate land from sea. Comparisons may be drawn with the limestone cliffs of South Pembroke, however, not only is Gower free of the former's access issues, its cliffs are less serious and yield a greater number of easy climbs. Again, unlike Pembroke, bolting is permissible on some of Gower's crags, and for better or for worse, the area is subsequently home to a good number of challenging sport routes.

This album aims to show off the best Gower has to offer, so if you have any photos of the area, please share them with us here.

For more information on climbing on Gower, see one of the following two guidebooks:


Gower and S.E. Wales Gower and S.E. Wales by Goi Ashmore and Roy Thomas A comprehensive guide to rock climbing on the Gower and South Wales. Published by South Wales Mountaineering Club Gower Rock Gower Rock: Selected Rock Climbs by Stuart Llewelyn and Matt Woodfield A newer and prettier select guide to the best Gower has to offer. Published by Pesda Press


Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.