Gripp-Coume de Pic

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.94001°N / 0.14639°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Col de SencoursCol de Sencours

The normal route from the valley of Gripp with trailhead in Gripp-Artigues (1270m) generally go across the Coul du Pic (south face of Midi de Bigorre) to reach the Col de Sencours, but as well it's possible to reach the col d'Aouet and the ridge NE from there (a little longest, and more difficult)

Getting There

From Bagneres de Bigorre go to the south across Campan and before the ski resort of La Mongie and after the village of Gripp we arrive to little village and camping of Artigues.

Route Description

Coume du PicCoume du Pic

We take the track in SW direction to the first Cabannes (huts) in the little valley of Arizes. Leaving the track we follow near of the river in a nice path crossing the bridge of Vaquès. After a little col we reach a cirque with the Coume du Pic what descent from the south side of Midi de Bigorre (left side for us). The Coume is a little ravine-channel with a easy path. Bordering the peak La Picarde we entry in a wide area to reach the Col de Sencours (2378m).
From here it's the same route of Barèges to the summit.

Essential Gear

Nothing special, boots, water...

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.