Grouse Grind

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 49.38000°N / 123.06°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 1
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach



The Grouse Grind Trail starts at the parking lot of the Skyride. You'll see a sign for the Grouse Grind Trail.

Route Description

This trail ascends 2,800 feet in about 2 miles. The trail starts climbing through the forest right away. The roots of the trees act like natural stairs to guide you up the hill. Once in a while there will be an opening in the trees where you can see down into the Capilano Valley. Eventually the trail ends at the peak chalet. From here, follow the dirt road to the summit, pass the bear and wolf habitat. With luck, there will be an imprssive view that stretches from the mountains to the north, to Vancouver to the south.

Essential Gear

Water and good footwear is essential. The Grouse Grind is subject to closure after heavy rain, and is closed in the winter due to snow.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.