Hawkins Mt

Hawkins Mt

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Aug 15, 2019

Add Heading Here

Climbed Hawkins Mt via Camp Creek and went out via Gallagher Head and Boulder Creek.  We were able to follow the mining road up to the mine and then had to ascend up and east through loose dirt and rock to the summit.  The true summit is almost at the east end of the ridge.  The ascent through the loos stuff was not pleasant, so we descended to Gallagerher Head but found the Boulder Creek trail to be destroyed by moutain bikes.  An approach from De Roux Creek would probably be the most enjoyable.  An alternative would be to go up the Boulder Creek trail (road) a short distance (before the road becomes a trail) and head north up the ridge.  This becomes an open ridge walk most of the way to the summit.  One additional note - The Thimble is quite a distance from the main ridge with considerable elevation loss.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Hawkins MountainTrip Reports