Hiking route near Presolana di Castione

Hiking route near Presolana di Castione

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.95622°N / 10.05541°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: easy
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Sunset

Getting There

Sunset colors
Rusio is an hamlet of Castione della Presolana. Motorway A4 Torino Venezia, until Bergamo gate. Then follow for Seriana Valley, Clusone, Castione della Presolana. Here follow indications for Rusio.

Route Description

Corzene Rocks
The first step of this route begin in Rusio, m. 921, an hamlet of Castione della Presolana, where you can park your car.
From Rusio, take the path CAI n. 318 that follow a brook in a canyon dig out in the ancient years by the water. This river is created by two subterranean springs.
Walk along the brook until you leave the river and follow the path on your left(you find indications).
Now you are in a beech wood, follow the path until you reach the high Valle dei Mulini.
Here, wood leave place at grassland and in front of you appear the rocky Presolana di Castione south face, with his great scree at his base.
Reach the Malga Presolana and take a little pause.
Now from here:
1. you can follow the path CAI 318 that, throught the Pozzera pass, reach the Valle dell’Ombra, Corzene peak, Central Presolana south face, until Malga cassinelli m 1568.

2. follow the path CAI n. 320 who, passing in the Presolana di Castione scree, reach the Rifugio Olmo, m. 1819, throught the Agnelli's pass, m. 1940, the Pizzo Olone summit, m. 1983. From Rifugio Olmo, view around the Cresta di Valzurio.

3. take the path CAI n. 319 who, throught the Colle della Presolana pass, m. 1700, reach the Gler valley, malga Cornetto or, for a complete ring the Malga Cassinelli and the path 318.
The high valle dei Mulini

Map

Kompass 1:50.000 n. 104 "Foppolo, Valle Seriana"
Alta Val seriana - Val di Scalve editore Canova, Clusone 1:40.000
Sentieri e rifugi - Comunità Montana Valle Seriana Superiore

Internet sites

If you are interested about Seriana Valley, here good internet sites:
www.valleseriana.bg.it
www.valseriana.bg.it
www.sentierodelleorobie.it
www.brembana.info
Presolana di Castione scree


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.