Hirschy Mountain Trailhead 186

Hirschy Mountain Trailhead 186

Page Type Page Type: Trailhead
Location Lat/Lon: 45.37052°N / 113.66041°W
Additional Information County: Beaverhead
Seasons Season: Spring, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 7565 ft / 2306 m

Access for Hirschy Mountain

From Hwy 278 about 6.6 miles south of Wisdom, MT, turn west at the Twin Lakes Campground exit (RD 12).

Travel 8.2 miles to a sign pointing toward Big Swamp Creek Road and turn left (south).

In approximately 8.5 miles, turn right (southwest) onto Big Swamp Creek Road 625.

Travel west for 2.4 miles to the signed Slag-a-Melt turnoff on your right.

Stay right and go 1.3 miles a fork.

The left fork is signed Slag-a-Melt Trail 186, the right fork goes to the mine.

This is a good place to park with plenty of available spots which don’t block the road.

The Forest Service roads in this area are closed to motorized traffic (except snowmobiles) until May 15.

External Links

For information about the climbers' route accessed from this trailhead, see the link included in the picture's description.
Approaching the crux on the...The crux of the route from Trail 186.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.