Hochkarfelderkpf via Tagweide

Hochkarfelderkpf via Tagweide

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 47.51910°N / 13.35520°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike and scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up, some UIAA I
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Abtenau may be reached by public busses that leave from Golling.
By car:
from the north: leave the motorway A10 at Golling and follow the main road to Abtenau
from the south: leave the motorway A10 at the exit Hüttau, Lammertal and follow the main road via st. Martin

Route Description


The route starts right at Abtenau. To shorten the ascent you may drive up to the Karalm (1004m a.s.l). It is also possible to take the chairlift that operates in summer as well.
Folow the marked path along the Karriedel to the Gsengalm (1447m, less than one hour from top of Karkogel chair lift).
At the Gsengalm the path bends to the south-west and than to the west running at the base of the spectacular southwall of Traunstein and Schallwand to the First (1820m), a notch between Schallwand and Tagweide. The First can be reached via a steep path from the Wandalm (see route via Laufener Hut) too. From the First the Tagweide (2128m) has to be climbed. A partly sharp ridge leads to the summit of Hochkarfelderkopf. Especially for the part between First and Hochkarfelderkopf you need to be free of giddiness.

Essential Gear


No special gear necessary. You will need the typical equippment for a high- Alpine hike but no ropes or crampons.
Best time is autumn, during summer weather might be very unstable and hot.



Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.