Jennie Lake

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.01000°N / 115.3872°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: class two
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Wolf Mountain can be accessed from east or west, but access from the east is via the Trappers Flat road, which can require four-wheel drive. Jennie lake can be reached by good dirt roads, but low-slung passenger cars might have difficulties.

Getting There

From Boise drive north on Idaho 21 through Idaho city. South of Banner ridge, just past the Whoop-um-up park and ski area, turn east onto forest road 384. The road is well-maintained, but you may encounter high traffic due to logging or hunting interests, depending on the time of year. Follow 384 for 6.3 miles to the junction with FS 348, which is just shy of the Willow Creek campground. Follow 348 for 7.4 miles OR just after the mile marker 7 (don't count on the mile marker being there). To the north is a small spur of a road with a sign reading "road closed 0.2 miles". Take this and park at the obvious trailhead to Jennie Lake.

Route Description

The route to Jennie lake climbs gradually for about 1950' over 4.5 miles. The trail is easy to follow. Once at the lake, gain the ridge to the east. If desired, this ridge can be accessed by backtracking from the lake slightly, where the ridge is not quite as steep. On the ridge, head south toward point 8558. Wolf Mountain should come into view shortly after gaining the ridge. Follow the obvious ridgeline the leads south and east to the top. You may want to drift south when near the top, to avoid technical climbing.

Elevation gain (cumulative) = approx. 3100'
Mileage = approx. 6.5 (one way)

Essential Gear

No gear needed, other than lots of water on hot days.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.