Jurupa South Valley Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 34.03240°N / 117.4427°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

A little longer than the North Ridge, But a better, wider, easier, more even ascend on a fire road! A little tricky to start with. Once you get to the fire road the grade is easier.

Getting There

From the Interstate 15 Fwy Take the CA 60 Fwy East about 8 Miles. Exit Valley Way! Turn Left, and then a quick left on Granite Hills Drive. Here you have 2 choices! (See Image)

1. Drive up Granite Hills Drive and turn right on Soto St. Park just before the curve ahead on the side of the street and head west, northwest to the water tower.

2. Drive past Soto St and park on Granite Hills Dr. close to the big advertisement billboard. You should see the water tower to the north. Head to the tower. *I rarely park here because I am not sure what the parking regulations are on Granite Hills Drive! I have parked here a few times and never been given a ticket so who knows!


Park and head to water tower!



Route Description

From the water tower head north and stay to the left till you reach the fire road. Its a little ways up the hill on the left. Continue up the fire road a couple miles to the summit.

Optionally you can take the red route!(Not recommended for the return trip as it can be hard on the knees!)


Tower to the top!

Essential Gear

Decent hiking shoes! The fire road though graded, can be a bit rocky in spots and thus I recommend a decent pair of sturdy hiking shoes or boots.

It gets pretty warm on the way up on most days and there is no water all the way up. So bring plenty of fluids.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.