Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.41995°N / 121.39066°W
Additional Information County: Kittitas
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 4380 ft / 1335 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

BearQueen above the cloudsBearQueen above the clouds



Kendall Knob #1 is locally known for being a great winter snowshoe destination. This sub-peak of the larger Kendall Peak about 2 miles to the north is home to excellent views of the Snoqualmie Pass area as well as up to the north and the east. Mountains such as Rampart Ridge, Kendall Peak, Granite Mountain, Silver Peak and even on a clear day Moun Rainier rule the sky.

BearQueen heading upHeading up Kendall Knob


The ideal time to go up to Kendall Knob is winter. Like most mountains in the Snoqualmie Area pass on this peak is the avalanche danger is great that a three on NWAC forecast. But compared to many other peaks and destination in the region this mountain is a much safer all by the fact that it passes few open areas. The least difficult route is by a long closed service road which takes you most of the way to the broad open summit of Kendall Knob. It is best to do in winter when the snow is covering the road making for an excellent snowshoe. Toal distance roundtrip is 6 miles and 1800 feet of elevation gain.

Best view of the dayBest view of the day

The ski areaView from the summit.

Map of the Route

Map of the Route

Getting There

VIA THE GOLD CREEK SNOWPARK: From I-90 go east of Snoqualmie Pass 2 miles to the Hyak Exit 54. Once off the ramp head east (left if from Seattle) and pull into the obvious trailhead on the left.

Red Tape

Snow Park Pass is needed in winter. It is $21 dollars for the day and $42 for the year and can be purchased at any National Forest Ranger Station and REI.

Here is more information

Camping

Camping is legal on the summit area. Don't camp though near the trailhead due to the close proximity to private land.

External Links

Trip Report on Kendall Knob

Local information on Kendall Knob

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Kendall PeakMountains & Rocks