Knutson Saddle

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.75660°N / 122.2375°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Short but steep
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Follow the "Getting There" Section of the main page.

Route Description


As you're driving past the mountain study how it looks because once out of your rig you'll enter a dense forest of young fir with a carpet of thick bear grass. Make your way through this, out onto the open slopes of the mountain. You'll be able to see the summit most of the way. You can't go wrong if you head up...Duh!

Once on top of the south summit you can see the north summit with the summit ridge between. The west side of the ridge is fairly steep with lots of exposure. The east side of the ridge is less steep with lots of trees. From the rig to the south summit it's .4 mile and 550' elevation gain.

Essential Gear


This is a non technical climb. No climbing equipment is needed. Early in the season you may need crampons to climb the snow fields but if you can drive to the parking spot, most likely, you won't need them.

A camera is a must on a clear day...

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.