Kramarjeva grapa (ravine)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.35060°N / 14.40910°E
Additional Information Route Type: Steep Basic Snow till 60°
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: 60°/40° (if the conditions are good) I in the rock III-II UIAA
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The starting point for Kramarjeva grapa is Dom pod Storzicem (1123m) (hut) on the north side of Storzic. For more information about getting here check the main page of Storzic.

Route Description


From Dom pod Storzicem you follow the first the signposts for the route over Skarjev rob (NE ridge of Storzic). When you come in the nearness of the north face of Storzic you turn to the foothills of it (In Winter season there are many climbers who make the trade). We ascend in the east direction to the ice ravine where is the start for Kramar ravine.

First you climb the steep leap in the ravine. It is steep and if the condtions are good is icy. If the first leap is snowless you can climb over the first wall on the left over the another leap that is located in the inexplicit small ravine. When you climb over the first leap you ascend towards in the ravine and soon you turn to the right on the small slope with dwarf pines and you reach the bivouac (only for climbers). From bivouac you continue ascending on the left side of the bivuac in the ravine. Some time you walk over the steep and airy slopes out of the ravines.

Then you come back in the ravine and you soon reach the second leap that is not very hard and it is often covered with snow. Then you cross the airy slope above the wall and come from the left back in the ravine and reach the third leap. This is the hardest and the highest one. In good Winter it is ful covered with snow but frequently has some rocks. When you climb it you come on the upper slopes below the last wall of Storzic west ridge. You cross it and you reach the west ridge of Storzic thorough the narrow ravine. To the top of Storzic you have just few meters.

For descend in Winter season back on the north side of Storzic is the best possibiltiy and the most popular thourght the Peto zrelo (Fifth ravine).



Essential Gear


Good hiking shoes, helmet, ice axe, crampons and rope (for not good climbers).

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

StorzicRoutes