Krnica valley route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.41430°N / 13.81860°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble, climbing
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up and secured climbing
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Starting point of the route is Koca v Krnici hut (1113m), which lies in Krnica valley.

Hut is accessible from Kranjska Gora to Vrsic pass road. Junction towards the hut is some 2 kilometers behind Kranjska Gora, just at the bridge where main road crosses over Pisnica river to the right. From the bridge is 3 kilometers to V Klinu pasture where you have to park. From here is 20 more minutes to the hut. If you are on foot from Kranjska Gora you will need 1.30-2h.

Route Description


From the hut path gradually ascends up the valley till it reaches the foothills of Razor’s impressive north wall. From here it becomes steeper. Path passes by a source. Valley is becoming narrower all the time till its completely closed by impressive Kriska Stena, rounded, 400 meters high wall. It feels like at the bottom of a well as you stand at the V Kotu, scree and rocky plateau at the end of a valley, which is strewn by huge boulders.

Path turns left, ascending over scree slopes, which are usually under snow, till it reaches the cliffs. Face is climbed in many zigzags because path if following natural week passes. It is very exposed and not especially well secured so you have to be careful. Not for dizzy ones. After an hour of climbing you reach the edge of the face and step on to the ridge. Altitude is 2289m and views are wide.

Kriska stena

From here you follow the signposts for Kriz and you climb on Kriz in about 30 minutes. There are also some secured places so be careful!

Essential Gear


Good hiking shoes, helmet and rope for not good climbers.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

KrizRoutes