Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 42.74052°N / 0.48743°W
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 8438 ft / 2572 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

La Moleta and Picos de IseriasLa Moleta and Ibon de Saman / Iserias

The peak La Moleta constitutes the end at West of the Circo de Ip. It's a nice and interesting peak with a characteristic aspect of rocky cone with a neckless. The ridge goes from La Moleta (2.572m) to East across Picos de la Tronquera (2689m) to reach Pala de Ip (2.783m) with a great gap before Punta Escarra (2.748m) forming the west ridge of Circo de IP around the ibon (lake ) de Ip.

La Moleta can be climb from Canfranc across a few of routes in its west face but the nicer is across Col de Ladrones and Ibon de Saman (or Iserias) entering across the east and north-east faces.

Getting There

Canfranc Station from the...Canfranc Estación
Col de Ladrones and La RacaCol de Ladrones

You can begin in Canfranc Estación (Canfranc Station), or you can drive up to the “fuerte” or fort at Col de Ladrones.

Canfranc:
-From Zaragoza to Huesca (72 km), highway. From Huesca to Jaca across N330 up to Villanua and Canfranc. Follow direction France (Somport) and before the entry of the tunnel is the deviation to the village of Canfranc.
-From Barcelona: highway A2 to Lleida (or Lérida). From Lleida take N240 in direction to Binefar and Monzón continuing to Huesca

Approach to Col de Ladrones:
In Canfranc follow to North to Canfranc Estación. At the end of Canfranc Estación is the bridge of Roldán and you can drive your car to col de ladrones (1.356m) across a good forest track.

Red Tape

Canal de IzasCanal de Izas

The valley of Izas is very dangerous in winter after recent snowfalls with high risk of avalanches.

Camping

-Refuges / Lodges:
-Refugio de Canfranc (Tel:974-373217)-Canfranc pueblo.
-Albergue Pepito Grillo(Tel 974 373123)-Canfranc pueblo.
-Refugio Tritón (Tel:974-378281)-Villanúa.
-Refugio El Aguila (Tel:974-373291)-Candanchú.
-Refugio Valle de Aragón (Tel:974-373222)-Candanchú.

-Hotels:
-Hotel Santa Cristina***(Tel:974-373300)-Canfranc Estación.
-Hotel El Reno (Tel:974-378066)-Villanúa.
-Hotel Candanchú**(Tel:974-372025)-Candanchú.

-Campings:
-Camping Canfranc (cat2)(908-731604)-? (it's not open on summer 2010)
-Camping Escarra-Escarrilla at 16km.

-Free little huts
-A hut before the ibon de Ip with benths, 5 places.
-Two huts in very bad conditions in ibon de Ip, 2-3 places.
-Hotel in ruins for an emergency in ibon de Ip (no walls in some places, bricks and tiles in the ground,...)

External Links

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
visentin

visentin - Sep 21, 2010 2:48 am - Voted 10/10

Ibon Saman

GOod page ! You may perhaps consider attach Ojo's route about Ibon Saman to your page : http://www.summitpost.org/route/660845/ib-n-de-sam-n.html

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Pirineos: CanfrancMountains & Rocks